I Know It's Black History Month.....

BUT...



Penn Badgely has been added to my 'hit list' and not for reasons you think. 
Of course he has been in my peripheral since 'Gossip Girl'- I am a sucker for a great speaking voice.  Then some years passed and now he's on 'You' which has thrusted his voice back into my life.  Oh, there was 'Easy A' in between all that- and the voice.  The timbre and tone make me happy.  My feelings for Penn are complex because I am attracted to his persona that comes across in interviews...and that voice, but I am not physically attracted to him.  The scrawny hipster chic vibe is not one I am into.

....then I stumbled upon this-


Yes, that is Penn Badgley singing D'Angelo's 'Brown Sugar'!!!!!!!!
A few things...

  • I read that Penn sings and is part of a musical group and I thought that meant folksy gentrification ish (I am using gentrification instead of hwhite because...growth).
  • I also learned that Penn Badgely is a HUGE D'Angelo fan.  HUGE.
  • D'Angelo is not an artist I pictured HIM being into like that...so INTO that he is hitting his inflections, and dare I say has a lil soul with it.  He is genuinely FEELING it...which is attractive to ME!
All in all, Penn made me moist and want him in a very physical way....even if my thighs smother him like gravy....even if- okay...where am I?
I know Penn would be pleased that I am not one of these hoes feeling him because of the murderous character he plays- no, I am way deeper than that. Deeper.

Comments

Popular Posts