Onto 2022....I guess...

 Usually I like to reflect on the times of 2021 and though we were in YEAR TWO of the ponderosa/pilgrimage/popeyes biscuit/polycomm aka pandemic- I still had some highlights.

If these times have taught us anything it is to appreciate what REALLY matters and the little moments and people that make it all worth it.

Also...I GOTTA NEW JOB.  Sure it still isn't writing books on the Amalfi Coast while working part time at a gelato shop- but it's a giant step away from where I was at.  Every place has it's....thing...but leaving corporate was the best for my sanity.  The copious amounts of racism mixed with flourishing mediocrity...weighed heavy on my psyche and nerves.  No amount of working from home helped to appease the feeling of being under appreciated and knowing I would never be 'allowed' to grow.

So eff it...I left and switched lanes and have an abundance of inner peace and feel appreciated for what I bring to the table.  The only thing is...we ARE STILL living in this world.  Everything is heavy and a lot.  

One thing about my new job is that it really helps me to see outside of myself....to maintain my perspective and realize how much I have.

Oh man, I didn't do much (this year) but what I did do was EAT and DRINK well! Often with great people (still haven't seen all my people)...or by myself.  Epic walks and laughs.  Facetimes with me zooming in on my freckles and saying reckless things.  Birthday dinners with Neil DeGrasse Tyson...okay he was at the same restaurant...or cozy Egyptian dinners....Japanese dinners....Mexican dinners...Iranian dinners....French dinners....

For me, there was a lot of good...with the bad.  Depression has been a struggle and maintaining my health...seeing the hope in caring for myself because feeling hopeless leads to me not caring how well I am...

2022 has to be better still...and hopefully I will feel comfortable enough to get back on a plane (it's been about two and half years) and change up the scenery.

I hope for safety for myself and my peoples.  I hope we all keep a perspective. I hope we are all okay.


Oh and here's an end of year music mix I made... Ass Poppin Out of 2021

Comments

Popular Posts