As Mero Would Say: Suck My Dick From The Back 2017

It is the time of year where one takes stock.  We do our checklist of goals and make promises to 'do bettter'...to 'be better'.  The new year signifies wanting to clean slates and make good on second chances.
After 2017 though, is it okay not have the same 'new year, new me' goals knowing that 2018 will require you to continue to live in survival mode...just making it through each day?
As you can see my 2017 was no walk in Idris Elba's fantasies.  I have had some tough years, but 2017 just felt heavy.  It also came at all angles- personal, professional...the world in general is FUCKED UP.
It's one thing to deal with being under appreciated at your job...but to then have to hear about all the human garbage in this world on a daily basis?!
It was a lot.
I let it all affect my health which became the cherry on top.
So now I am looking at 2018 like I know there is a 99% chance you'll be shitty, but there are things within my control to make you less shitty.  I'll do my part.  I won't let the monsters of the world get me down.... I won't let systematic racism and the day to days of dealing with that shit get me down.
I need to maintain my sense of humor and composure when setting bitches straight or when I am not acknowledging their presence.
2018 will be about taking any negative energies and using them towards something positive.  No holding onto it or stressing myself out over things.
I will be especially mindful of the energy I give to people who don't reciprocate, that energy will be put towards other things.
All in all, I'm staying in my lane...I'm making moves and I will have no time for the fucketry unless it's a lightskinned dude named Jesse Williams.


Happy New Year!  May it be a healthy and prosperous one.

Comments

Popular Posts