My year in music may not read like the COOLEST THING EVER, but these songs got me through. The list may not be on trend because I listen to a lot of old shit because it is BETTER.
Anyways, here is my year in music- I decided not to post all the videos because you can find that ish on your own, except for one VERY SPECIAL song...because that song is very special.
- "And I Drove You Crazy"- Banks: this song because it is sexy as hell and I could relate to Banks lyrics. I drive dudes crazy all the time...it is just how I do.
- "Rewind"- Kelela: I LOVE KELELA. the beat just makes you wanna dance and be cute. it's sexy af!
- "Fantasy"- Alina Baraz & Galimatias: woah...again this song is sexy af (I am a sensual creature) and oh so chill. it helps to ease my train rides which mean no one has to DIE!
- "Hotline Bling"- Drake: '...started wearing less and going out more; hanging with some girls i've never seen before...'. also, the videos and the memes!! sad, stalker Drake makes for a great song.
- "Yoga"-Janelle Monae featuring Jidenna: this song was all about sexy Black girl MAGIC! it's fun and makes me just wanna twerk slowly while Michael BAE Jordan is watching and nodding slowly.
- "Omen"-Sam Smith/Disclosure: I love Sam Smith. I love Disclosure. this song makes we wanna dance and get sweaty in a club-like I used to. back in my 20's when I was more carefree and willing to be among people.
- "Here"-Alessia Cara: the girl who sings this is a teenager and I FEEL HER. I have been out of my teenage years for a minute and I STILL feel this way! like all the time. this song is just me...and I think there is a Portishead sample which speaks to my 90's teen angst.
- "Planes"-Jeremih featuring JCole: this song! I LOVE IT! the JCole part is 'meh', but the song is SO GOOD that I barely notice enough to hate.
- "No Sleep"-Janet Jackson featuring JCole: Janet is QUEEN. she is legend. she is everything. if you want a smooth jammy jam she is your WOMAN! JCole is excellent on this too!
- "Truffle Butter"-Nicki Minaj/Drake/Lil Wayne:there is not much that needs to be said. this song is just the shit.
- "Feelin' Myself"- Nicki Minaj featuring Beyonce`: I KNOW. I know. the song is dope tho...
- "Bitch Better Have My Money"-Rihanna: I mean...#NoExplanations
- "WTF"-Missy Elliot: Missy is LEGEND. she is an ICON. this song makes me feel like I am a DANCER..like professional. I think I popped so hard to it that I hurt my back for a week...*le sigh*
- "Can't Let the Head Go"-Khia: there is not much to say... so watch this.
- OH-I posted this and forgot "Earned It"- The Weekend: I give no fucks about The Weekend but this song is legit as hell!