My Thoughts on The Dark Knight Rises


EPIC!
That is the word that comes to mind when I think of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.  Admittedly, it took me a minute to jump on the bandwagon.  My brother had to FORCE me to watch Batman Begins before I even thought about seeing The Dark Knight.
I don't know why I had to be forced because I mean... Liam Neeson, some sword fighting...bats- SOLD.
....actually I blame Joel Schulmacher (sp) for ruining Batman for me.  I'll throw Val Kilmer in that vat of dicks too.  The OG Batman with the Prince soundtrack and Micheal Keaton is my favorite!
Now Nolan's Batman series is added to the 'favorite' pile.
OH, my Batman love runs deep-way back to Adam West and Eartha Kitt as Catwoman to the 'art deco-y' cartoon- I think I even had a crush on that animated Bruce Wayne.  I was young and freaky.

So, my journey to this stage of Batman had it's many highs and lows.  Batman Begins got me open.  The Dark Knight just took it the next level.  The Dark Knight Rises tied it all together in a gritty bow and almost made me want to become an actor again or bone an actor again.
The thought of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman did make me hesitate, but dayum, she killed it!  No, she wasn't Michelle Pfeiffer who SLAYED that shit, but she didn't make me wanna punch her...which is really all you can ask.
I also didn't expect to want to bone Joseph Gordon Levitt!...but I did!  Truly didn't give 1/8 of a fuck about that dude prior to this movie, now I am all like 'hayyyyyyyyyyyyy J Lev'.
One would think the 'loin slayer' would've be Tom Hardy aka Bane, but he creeped me out with that voice he used-which I can do very well!

The shooting that took place in Colorado made seeing the movie an unnerving experience.  Bags were checked, cops were all around, and then when the scene in the movie occurred where that crazy asshole shot up those people-it made me numb.
That along with the strong themes of 'sometimes asshole will win a little but mostly they won't'.  That had special meaning to me, especially after a trying week at work.

This was the worst review ever (I know), but know that the movie was EPIC and 'hayyyyyyyyyyyyyy J Lev'!

Comments

Popular Posts