You Were Driving That Car In Brooklyn....

O.M.G!
This weekend I may have come in contact with my soulmate!
Dig if you will this picture of me walking down 5th Avenue in Park Slope with a few of my friends.  As I stand at the curb about to cross the street, I notice a dude sitting alone in his black sedan-like car staring at me.  I get 'Brooklyn ready'- meaning I ready myself for a: drive-by shooting, drive-by raping, drive-by decapitation, etc.
It takes a while for me to register that dude is blasting.  I mean BLASTING *Nsync's 'It's Gonna Be Me'!  My mouth drops and I tell anyone who can hear me- mostly my friends and random people walking down the street- that I have met my SOULMATE.  I then proceed to follow the car...which has thankfully been stopped by a red light.  When I catch up to the car, I find the guy singing along...still by himself...still blasting *Nsync!
I am smitten.
Then his car continues driving and I am not about that chasing cars life.  I also don't feel the need to go on Craigslist 'missed connections' to get some dude writing me who wants to make a tracksuit out of my flesh.

For now, we'll always have those few stolen moments when I thought he was going to kill me, but then realized that he was blasting *Nsync so he HAD to be my soulmate!  We'll always have Park Slope, Brooklyn.  We'll always have *Nsync.

Comments

Popular Posts