True...Story-The Continuation of My Literary Masterpiece.

A few things were true about today:
-I am tired because I decided to go out last night-yes a Monday night- had a BLAST, but am paying for it now.
-My knack for finding clothes I don't need to iron when shit.is.real is pretty stellar. Today I remember I have a knit dress-all Calvin Klein n' shit, who knew I could not buy something from H&M?? The dress keeps me warm AND gives me Janet Jackson ass circa the 90's- you know when she discovered how HOT she is and did that hot dance routine in the "If' video. Her ass was BANGING and pretty shelf-like. Today I was walking by something reflective and was like HOT DAYUM-the knit dress is giving me shelf booty...
-...which would supposedly help me with my conquering of Clark Kent who is my new BUDDY. Like, he and I chat n' shit. Joke, chat, I even try to flirt when I am not doing something dumb...he is not a horrible dude and thanks to Snacki, we all may be going for drinks on Thursday! Woah. Will keep you posted.
-The best thing about my lack of sleep is my ability to dig myself out of a writing trench because I am not holding myself to any kind of confines because I can barely type! It's pretty awesome. With that said, I have added on to my NaNoWriMo story, just re-posted from the beginning since I've been slacking. Will continue from wherever I've left off from now on. Enjoy the madness!!


Forever Kiss
The dream begins as it always does…
Cold crisp air, endless woods and the sound of muffled screams. They seem to get closer as Mya nears the small bonfire that appears out of nowhere. Suddenly he is there. A white glow surrounds him and he smiles holding out a pale hand. Mya wants to take his hand-it is an urgent feeling, she knows she’d be safe with him. The screams become more clear and louder to point that Mya wakes herself up screaming…never taking the man surrounded by white’s hand.
She is upright and looking wildly around her bedroom. She doesn’t know what she is looking for- the woods, the man, the reason for the screams. There is nothing. Her bedroom is dim and silent, suddenly her roommate appears in her doorway- Jake was annoyed, Mya could tell by his arms crossed over his bare chest …and the eye rolling.

“You had the dream again?” His voice is rough with sleep.

Mya’s erratic breathing was down to a slow pant, she trusted her voice not to give out on her, “Yes. I’m so sorry…” She really was. She wished she knew why three months ago the dream began and she wished she could stop them.

Jake sighs, “ Do you need anything?” Mya shakes her head, and he goes back into his bedroom-the door slams behind him.

Mya was once again alone and wondering how much longer before Jake kicked her out and she had to move back into her room in her parents brownstone. Jake was a great friend-her oldest friend. They grew up on the same block in Park Slope (Brooklyn) and she was the first person he came out to. They were close, but even best friends had their limits.

She lay back down letting the ceiling fan lure her back to sleep. In the morning she would call that sleep therapist Jake told her about- Jake burst back into the bedroom causing Mya to jump up.

“What?” Her brown eyes are wide.

“We have to go.” He says this as he finds a suitcase at the bottom of Mya’s organized closet. He frantically pulls clothes off hangers and throws them towards the suitcase. Mya also notices he’s dressed-a very unusual outfit for him. Jake’s usual uniform was: dark slim jeans, a t-shirt or sweater depending on the weather, a blazer and sleek leather sneakers. Now, he wore black slim cargo’s tucked into combat boots and a turtleneck. There was an ornate leather belt around his waist that held several wooden stakes.

“What? Where are we going?” Mya asks, she didn’t feel the need to move just yet. This was all overwhelming. She is startled by Jake’s usually calm slate blue eyes that were now fiery-almost glazed with intensity. He stops throwing clothes and looks at Mya, he begins to pace.

“I knew this day would come. I thought I would have time to finish my novel, but we’ve gotta save the world-“ Jake holds up an index finger as Mya is about to speak, “ it sounds crazy but that is what we have to do.”
He begins to tell the story just as his father told him when he fifteen and came out to this parents. They weren’t upset because they had a huge secret of their own…Jake was a Sacred Watcher.

As the story goes, long ago back when people died from colds, an Italian prince named Romero became gravely ill from something similar to the flu. His powerful parents sought out doctors from across the land with no one being able to cure their son. Each day he grew closer to death, his body weak and pale. Then one day an Egyptian cloaked in Chinese silks came to castle, his name was Rahkman and he spoke of various herbs that would help. Since they were so distraught and losing hope they didn’t scoff at the herbs or the fact that they would be mixed in blood. The prince drank the concoction and slept for 2 days, just as the king was about to order Rahkmans death, that very evening, the prince rose. He was more then well, he was magnificent. His skin was pale but luminescent and always cool, he seemed stronger. Though the king and queen were delighted they didn’t like that the Romero only sought council with Rahkman…and then he never rose before sun touched the Earth.
Soon the kingdom was plagued by deaths. Blood was drained from the bodies and there was no clue as to who or what would do such a thing-Rahkman knew. He was the one that made the prince what he was- an elegant blood drinking powerful monster. Rahkman thought he was helping to create stronger humans by not letting the slightest thing kill their fragile beings-instead he watched as a monster (Romero) drained the blood of men, women and children.
Rahkman soon sought advice from the Wise Ones- a group of men and women from various lands. They let him know he created an abomination and he should kill it immediately-while he was away though, Romero developed other urges. He seduced one of his mother’s maidens. He impregnated her and created a fast growing superior hybrid. Their son, Romulus, was born after 4 months of gestation, once he was born though he developed as normal human baby would- though he was stronger, mentally gifted and could communicate with his mother via her dreams. Romero was ecstatic about creating a superior race, so he spread his seed throughout the kingdom, drinking from very few. Once his mother and father caught on they joined with Rahkman to stop him, they even went as far as killing a few babies by decapitation. This caused Romero to slaughter his parents and over half the kingdom. The Wise Ones stepped in to protect Rahkman and Romero’s first born, Romulus- and then annihilated Romero and the rest of the kingdom.


Jake pauses when he notices Mya’s faraway stare. This meant she wasn’t listening and was thinking what shoes she would wear to save the world. She finally notices the silence and looks at him a bit.

“Did you fall asleep watching a movie?” She has on her hedgehog pajamas. Jake couldn’t believe she was the Chosen One- a powerful being- with hedgehogs holding apples all over her body.

“Can you not believe my story while getting dressed?” He zips her suitcase and has laid out a ‘world saving’ outfit for her.
Mya makes no attempt to get dressed, she looks at Jake a while,” This is crazy and I am going back to sleep.” With that, her blanket is over her face and she tries to block out the insane story Jake started.

“The dreams started because The Survivors are closer to finding out who you are and are going to kill you- I know it sounds crazy, and believe me –“

“He is correct, Mya. You must believe him.” Romulus says. His voice was soothing and seemed to cloak you in velvet. When Mya throws the covers back she finds Jake kneeling before the most magnificent man she had ever seen. Though he was dressed modernly he seemed not of this century. His pale peach face was chiseled which was highlighted by his shaved head. Light brown eyes bore into Mya’s and she could hardly catch her breath.

“I am Romulus, I am a Protector.” He holds out a hand to a still kneeling Jake, this movement causes Mya to jump out of bed.

“You! You’re from my dreams!” She walks backwards until she hits the wall closest to the entry to her bedroom. She wondered if she ran how far she could get before Romulus caught- no! She couldn’t leave Jake…who didn’t appear to be scared at all. In fact, he seemed to be in awe of this intense magnificent man.

“I was trying to warn you…but your Sacred Watcher, “ looks pointedly at Jake, “ hadn’t informed you about the dire situation at hand. I will tell you everything but we must leave this place.”

“Mya, trust in our friendship…please come with us.” Jake is walking towards Mya, slowly.

“There were people with a lot of R names in your story…but isn’t he- aren’t you some kind of monster- human hybrid?” This was good. She would get him to talking, grab Jake and run. Maybe throw one of the wooden stakes at him for good measure.

“I am a Protector. My blood is human, my soul is human but what has kept me alive for centuries- what makes me stronger than anyone you’ve ever known, is the vampire blood that runs through my veins. You are a descendant of Rahkman, one of the first Protectors, in your blood the Wise Ones disguised their power. You will be killed because of this-because you are the final piece to the puzzle. I have waited- we have waited centuries for you to finally rid us of the Survivors and the evil my father began…”

“Oh…” At this point Jake is holding Mya up, her reaction stemmed from this insanity sounding so true to her. It felt right. She looks up at Romulus who’s eyes haven’t left her face, “how am I supposed to do this?”

“Mate with me.” Romulus says, Mya passes out.

Comments

Popular Posts