The Place Where I Work: Bi-Polar Alcoholic

Today was a better day. Felt more like myself, less hung over party girl. Drake now has it in his mind that I am a party girl. I tell him I am not. Most of the time I am mad corny yo-which means I am home or at a friends house making dinner remembering when I was cooler and went to ALL the parties.
Now, not so much.
I think I felt horrible because I drank outside my box-pause. Forgot to mention Friday night when I was drinking brandy- seemed like a winter time elixir. I don’t drink brandy EVER. I hardly drink EVER. Damn the holidays, and the Irish pubs and feeling festive. Will not damn DJ Ryan (amazing) at the Irish pub who basically let me DJ, but surprised me with Warren G’s Regulators followed by Coolio’s Gangsta’s Paradise. This pleased me so much…I think I drank more brandy.

Enough about my bi-polar alcoholism. We must discuss my really nonchalant approach to this holiday season. Like really. Like all gifts being bought tomorrow. Except for those being bought in January when I see more peeps. Wow.- This reminds me of B, Bollocks n' my soul stirring rendition of Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas. It was pretty fantastic and was the main reason DJ Ryan didn’t mind a lil Kaluha (sp) in his Bailey’s- wink, wink. Actually…that would be kinda gross.

Anywho, it's kinda quiet this holiday week so I've been doing a lot of writing and having life convo's with Drake. We discussed him being from the Upper West Side and me being from Brooklyn. He deemed me okay and said it explained my chill demeanor. I said him being from UWS explained why I wanted to kick him repeatedly. He liked that. I then mentioned heading to lunch. He wondered why I was going to sit and eat alone. I said I like eating alone. He called me a weirdo. I say he needs to be comfortable in his skin and grow-a-pair.
Drake looks at me a while, and I go to lunch and happily eat alone.

Comments

Popular Posts